Self-compassion is a mindfulness-based tool that allows us to relate to ourselves from a place of kindness and acceptance. It embraces the fact that all humans experience pain, and that we are not weak or flawed for being imperfect. Research shows that self-compassion promotes emotional resiliency and can lead to decreased anxiety and depression. Group members are are invited to read Self-Compassion by Dr. Kristin Neff Ph.D.
Through discussions, meditations, and other experiential activities, this virtual group intends to:
- Discover & practice the three ways to self-compassion
- Examine the difference between self-esteem and self-compassion
- Help us identify the messages that our "inner critics" send to us and how we can communicate with ourselves in a gentler way
- Explore how self-compassion can enhance our relationships
- Celebrate self-appreciation and gratitude for emotional wellness
Contact Us Today
Ready to get started?